We respect the confidentiality of our clients’ personal information and take privacy seriously.
- What types of personal information we collect
- How we use personal information
- How we make sure personal information remains safe and secure
- How we share personal information
- How you can contact us to find out more about the personal information we hold
- How we treat other information we collect that is not personal information
This legislation is based on the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and the Information Privacy Principles.
What types of personal information we collect.
- We only collect personal information for the purpose of establishing and maintaining correspondence and communication with clients, employees, contractors and business stakeholders.The personal information we collect includes names, address details, date of birth, phone numbers and emails.Personal information may be collected through the following means:
- when you complete a form on our website
- when you enquire about a service through our website
- when you send an email or enquiry to us
Please distinguish the personal information we collect for the purposes of correspondence with you and the personal information we request for enrolment in a service or treatment.
How we make sure personal information remains safe and secure
Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that this data is stored securely and only accessed for the purposes of treatment or anonymised reporting. Anonymised reporting produces reports on the number of certain types of injuries, treatments, recoveries or times a service was used within a given time period; this reporting is not accompanied by any personal information.
Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd or individuals acting on behalf of Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd may collect Personal Information for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of the Company. Personal information must not be collected in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information (such as a job applicant’s resumé) if it is no longer needed.
We take steps to implement and maintain generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Any person acting on behalf of Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd must not transfer Personal Information to an individual without first establishing the identity of the recipient through the use of a personal identifier and/or cross check.
How we use personal information
Collecting personal information allows us to confirm the identity of our clients the people we communicate with for business. This information allows our clients to securely access our online services, book services with ease and communicate. If we are unable to confirm your identity, we may be unable to provide the full level of service and we will also be unable to keep you updated on services you’re using or may be interested in using.
Anyone who collects Personal Information on behalf of Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd must also comply with this Policy and the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Personal information will be used under the following conditions:
- When you provide an email address to enquire about a service, the email address you provide will be retained and may be used by the company to contact you regarding services related to your enquiry or completed online form.
- When you provide an email address to enquire about a service, the phone number you provide will be retained and may be used by Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd to contact you regarding services related to your enquiry or completed online form.
- When you provide an email address to enquire about a service, the email address or phone number you provide may be used to inform you of updates to a service you used or showed interest in or may reasonably have interest in.
- When you register for one of our services, you will be subscribed to our mailing list for relevant communication regarding your service, updates that may affect you, and related services. You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time from the links at the bottom of our newsletter.
How we share personal information
We will only disclose personal information we have collected with your consent, for legal or compliance reasons or for our related business purposes. Examples of disclosures of personal information we have collected include disclosures to:
- Your authorised health practitioners
- Our related companies and their staff
- Our professional advisors (such as accountants and lawyers)
- Government or third-party service partners (such as ACC, MSD, Apex NZ) in relation to carrying out the service you’ve requested.
- Third party service providers that conduct specialised activities such as high volume email mail-outs or supply specialised products such as value-added service offerings
- Third party organisations for the purposes of providing marketing services or to distribute notifications regarding events we hold.
We also may de-identify personal information we have collected for use and disclosure to organisations outside of Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd for the purposes of analysing our service quality and timeliness, market research, marketing and compilation or analysis of statistics comprised of, or related to the information you provide us. De-identified information may also be used internally for business analysis and educational purposes. We will not disclose personal information we have collected to a party outside of New Zealand unless we have taken steps to confirm they will comply with a standard equal of protection regarding personal information that is equal to that offered under New Zealand legislation.
How we make sure the information we have is correct and up to date
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd holds Personal Information about you, we will comply with legislative obligations to let you know what information we have on record. If you want us to change or update personal information about you, in some cases, we may require evidence that the information we have is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
If the information we have on record for you is not accurate, complete and up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. And, if for any reason, we cannot provide information on the details we hold about you or are unable to make changes to those details, we will provide a reason.
How you can contact us to find out more about the personal information we hold
How we store personal information
Health-related information that we collect for the purpose of treating clients is stored securely in specialised software and may include details on specific injuries or treatments.
Other information we collect that is not personal information
To monitor and improve our service, we collect information on website activity such as the number of users who visit our website, dates and times of visits, number of pages viewed, navigation patterns and systems used to access our site and when entering our site from another site, the address of that site. This information does not identify an individual, but it does provide Restore Prehabilitation & Wellness Ltd with statistics that we can use to analyse and improve our website.